Deadline for application is June 30, 2020 at 12:00 AM.
- Applicant must be enrolled as a first-year student at an acknowledged post-secondary institution and not have previously started or completed a post-secondary program.
- Must be a rural farm young person, resident of Alberta, and confirm that applicant has lived or currently is living on a family farm as well as provide the farm’s legal land description.
- Applicant must have graduated from high school, have received his/ her high school diploma, and be no older than 25 years of age. Please attach a copy of your high school transcript to your application form.
- Applicant must need to leave home to pursue a post-secondary education or trade. Please provide proof that you are not living at home, i.e. through a rental or dorm receipt.
- You must submit a photo with your application. Photo must be suitable for publication – a grad picture is ideal. Photocopies or proofs are not suitable. Quality scanned photos are acceptable.
4-H experience is not mandatory to qualify for this award.
- Recipients will be contacted by email in September 2020.
- Funds will be transferred in October 2020 upon receipt of recipient’s Social Insurance Number, banking documentation, and an official confirmation of enrolment in their post-secondary institution. Please note that recipient must provide proof of enrollment in their first year of post-secondary education but cannot have previously started or completed a post-secondary program.
- The 4-H Foundation is pleased to announce the following new scholarship awards model:
||Number of Scholarships
|Fourth to tenth place
||$5,000 x 7
|Total scholarship payout/number of scholarships
How to Apply
1. Download Application Form
Download the scholarship application form to your computer and open it with Adobe Acrobat Reader, review the instructions, complete the form and save your completed copy of the file for uploading in step 4.
Download Application Form
2. Write your Essay
In no more than 500 typed words total for all three key messages, clearly describe how your post-secondary education will benefit your Alberta rural community (must be submitted in a word document):
- What are your education goals?
- Where do you see yourself in the future, once you have completed your post-secondary education? What are your career plans?
- What is the impact your career choice will have on your Alberta rural community? Clearly outline the benefit your career choice will create for your Alberta rural community.
Ensure the following criteria are met:
- Maximum of 500 typed words total for all three written questions
- Be clear, concise and innovative
- Use standard fonts and sizing (i.e. Size 12 Times New Roman or Arial)
- Use proper line spacing
- Use proper essay formatting
Save your essay file for uploading in step 4.
3. Collect Additional Information
In addition to your application form and essay, to complete your scholarship application you will also need to provide:
- A copy of your Alberta high school transcript.
- Confirmation of enrollment with your post secondary institution as a first-time post secondary student.
- Proof that you have to leave home to pursue a post-secondary education or trade such as a photo of a rental or dorm agreement/receipt.
- A photo of yourself suitable for publication. Must be suitable for publication – a grad picture is ideal. Photocopies or proofs are not suitable but scanned are acceptable.
4. Upload Scholarship Documents
Click below to upload your application form and associated documents.
Upload Scholarship Documents